Issue: The “Stop” & “Refresh” buttons are displayed next to back and forward buttons (before the address bar), instead of next to the address bar.
Reason: This is a new feature added in IE8 and is by design.
1. Hold Win key and press R (To open the Run dialog box)
2. Type gpedit.msc and click OK.
3. Under Local Computer Policy, Expand Computer Configuration, and Administrative Templates.
4. Goto Windows Components
5. Double-click Internet Explorer, Toolbars
6. Double-click “Set location of Stop and Refresh buttons”
If you disable this setting, the Stop and Refresh buttons will be next to the Address bar, and cannot be moved by the user.
If you do not configure this setting, the Stop and Refresh buttons will be next to the Address bar by default, and the user can chose to move them.